Thursday, February 4, 2010

And Then There Was Blog


Our Special Collections
Throughout my time at this university, the idea that we students are truly privileged to have such a library system has been driven into my head. I have used the resources online to write many of my papers as an English major. In the Honors College last spring, a speaker talked at a forum event about how amazing the DeGrummond Collection was. During my Golden Eagle Welcome Week, we toured through the exhibit. Being the disinterested freshman that I was, I did not pay attention. I relished the assignment to walk through it and give it another chance.
The original Curious George paintings were fascinating. Ezra Jack Keats was my favorite author in first grade. Seeing his actual brushes was a great experience for a nerd such as me. I loved seeing the medals that our university gives to authors and illustrators who contribute greatly to our community. The huge Curious George stuffed animal was slightly terrifying and unnecessary, but other than that, the entire room was fascinating.


http://www.lib.usm.edu/~degrum/html/collectionhl-intro.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment